Monday, February 17, 2014

Instagram Happenings

Follow me on Instagram @sewfestive for sewing tidbits, kittycats, and pictures of my dinner [ha!] :)



Bought 3.5 yards of 108" wide backing fabric from Botanics. It's got more of a drape than the regular width Botanics, which is weird. Can't wait to get quilting on my king-size Irish Chain!



Absolutely wondering how I got by making HSTs before I got a 4.5" square ruler. And zomg I love new rotary cutters. Like cutting through butter. With a fluffmuffin helper.



A 20" block from the Simplify Fireworks pattern for a baby quilt for my boss. It took forever to make this one block though, so I'm contemplating turning the quilt in more of a medallion shebang. My boss gave birth 2 weeks early, so I have to hurry on this!



I cut into some faaabulous rayon jersey to make a Deer and Doe Plaintain tshirt. With heart elbow patches!!! AHHH. Except in this picture you'll note that I accidentally sewed the sleeve on wrong. More on this pattern later.



But it's ok, because it turned out adorbs. I don't normally dress this precious, but I really went all out for Valentine's dinner this year ;)

Happy week to everyone!

*linked with Fabric Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Squee! Those hearts! Nice score with the Botanics. I wonder why the drape is different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is beautiful! And I love the tee (and the skirt!) - I'm going to download the free pattern too! Thanks for the tip! Is it very low cut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yes on the medallion shebang. :) It'll look great! Your shirt is amazing too--way adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stuff! I love all the pics of your in progress stuff (and kitties!) on IG! (I'm @lilmacsmomma, in case you were wondering who that is that's stalking you)

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)